Part Time Community Outreach Assistant, Educational Opportunity Center
University of Tennessee, Chattanooga
The Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) invites applications for flexible part time Community Outreach Assistant position(s). This part time position will be responsible for acquiring and serving eligible participants for EOC services.
Job responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Conducting Interest Exploration surveys
- Assisting participants with college application/admission process
- Identifying outreach sites, developing partnerships, and target population recruits
- Scheduling appointments, serving, and conducting workshops with target populations
- Assisting target population and target area(s) with EOC services
- Assisting EOC Director and/or Educational Advisor(s) when needed
- Other duties as assigned
Ideal candidates will possess the following:
- Excellent communication
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent time management
- Ability to use technology (Zoom, Outlook Calendar, etc.)
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma; two years' experience in public relations, networking, partnerships, customer service
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor's degree
Compensation for this position is up to $25 per hour (dependent upon education, experience, skills, etc.) This is a part-time, temporary position, paid bi-weekly, and is not eligible for benefits.
The University of Tennessee Chattanooga is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.