The Director of Summer Programs works to develop appropriate curriculum and activities that are consistent with the mission of Stuart. The Director of Summer Programs reports to the Chief Financial & Operating Officer. The faculty and staff of the Summer Program report to the Director of Summer Programs. The Director of Summer Programs also works in conjunction with the directors of Marketing & Communication and Enrollment Management. The position is part-time during the school year and full-time over the summer.
* Create and oversee the entire summer camp/enrichment operation, to include academic, extra-curricular and athletic; retain and evaluate the services of appropriate faculty and staff to serve the programs.
* Create and monitor all health and safety programs for the summer programs.
* Arrange for thoughtful communications and events for the parents of the summer students.
* Work with the Director of Enrollment Management to identify and recruit qualified students for the full-year program.
* Work with the Chief Financial & Operating Officer to develop a budget and to ensure the profitability of the program.
* Work with the Director of Marketing & Communications on marketing the summer programs.
* Prepare appropriate summary reports for the school, the trustees and the public.
Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s preferred
3-5 years of independent school experience or with comparable programs
Extensive experience in creating and marketing Summer programs
Excellent organizational, writing, and communication skills
Computer expertise essential in Microsoft Word & Excel
Must be an innovative individual dedicated to professional growth.
Must demonstrate knowledge of, appreciation for, and commitment to the school’s mission, anti-racist, anti-bias education, multicultural teaching, and culturally responsive pedagogy.
Create an inclusive work environment.
Use multicultural leadership methods, materials, and resources that reflect multiple perspectives.
Communicate effectively with diverse populations.
Engage in professional development opportunities to further develop inclusive leadership practices.
NBOA is committed to understanding your challenges and providing you with accessible, affordable, top-quality resources to strengthen every aspect of your schoolâ€™s business operations. Join this vibrant community of peers to discuss common challenges, exchange ideas, leverage valuable research and tools, and identify effective and sustainable solutions for your school.