Full-Stack Web Developer (IT Analyst II)
Remote work is available
Salary Range: $55,000 - $70,000
Full-time (40 hours a week)
The University of Tennessee Institute of Agriculture is seeking a full-stack PHP web developer with experience in Laravel to join our team. We develop web and mobile applications that aid scientists and researchers in collecting, analyzing, and managing agricultural data. Our applications impact tens of thousands of users worldwide.
About the Job
We are looking for a passionate software developer who will work closely with our growing development team to help create new applications, improve existing features and design new interfaces. Here are some examples of what you would do while working with us:
- Create processes for background handling of large data sets
- Design and implement a web interface for importing excel sheets into a relational database such as MySQL.
- Implement secure APIs that can be used across multiple clients such as mobile apps and single page applications.
- Integrate our apps with third party services such as Mailgun, Slack and PusherJS.
- Design user experiences and interfaces using modern front-end technologies such as Vue, React and Tailwind CSS.
- Communicate with scientists, researchers, and other stakeholders and come up with creative solutions.
- And many more!
You will contribute directly to our suite of applications both on the creative and technical levels by:
- Exploring new technologies and implementing innovative solutions.
- Experimenting with user experiences and designing new user interfaces
- Providing new ideas for our deployment systems.
- Analyzing and improving the overall performance of our applications
- Leading the development of new applications
- Maintaining systems with a considerable amount of independence
We utilize a modern tech stack that helps us move forward rapidly and deliver new features to our users at a fast pace. Here are some of the technologies we work with on a daily basis:
- PHP: Laravel 9.
- CSS: Tailwind CSS or Bootstrap 5.
- SQL: My SQL or PostgreSQL.