FINANCE PARTNERSHIPS MANAGER
Regular Full-Time, Exempt, Market Range 12
The Haslam College of Business at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, invites applications for a full-time Finance Partnerships Manager (FPM). The FPM is responsible for building connections between the Finance Department and external stakeholders, including employers, corporate partners, and alumni. An external-facing role, the FPM develops and implements a comprehensive strategy for growing and maintaining a network of external partners that (1) provide employment opportunities (internships and full-time jobs) to the department's undergraduate and graduate students, (2) collaborate with faculty to bring "real world" experiences to our classrooms and students, and (3) support, be it financially or with their time, various programs and initiatives within the department.
Consistent with the prescribed role responsibilities, the FPM will develop and oversee programmatic activities that will connect the department and its students with stakeholders, develop and maintain a network of external stakeholders including alumni and regional businesspeople, and coordinate with faculty opportunities for external stakeholders to speak in the classroom and with student organizations. In addition, the FPM is responsible for coordinating and communicating regularly with Finance Faculty and counterparts across Haslam College of Business Units responsible for undergraduate student career services and professional development, graduate and executive student career services and professional development, and advancement.
- Provide strategic leadership and oversight of the Finance Department's comprehensive efforts to grow and maintain a network of external stakeholders interested in employing the department's students, collaborating on experiential learning opportunities, and supporting (financially or otherwise) departmental programs, faculty, and initiatives. Such efforts will focus on (but not be limited to) external stakeholders in the TN, GA, and NC region. Conduct ongoing assessment to ensure the needs/interests of external stakeholders (e.g., employers) are well-aligned with the needs/interests of the department (e.g., employment opportunities offered to students).
- Collaborate with the HCB Advancement Team with the goal of maximizing external stakeholder support of the department and its priorities.
- Serve as main point of contact with employers to develop employment pipelines for finance students, developing existing corporate relationships, and seeking out new corporate partners.
- Broadcast opportunities to suitable segments of our student population and identify characteristics to engage ideal candidates for internships and full-time positions.
- Increase the number of employers that provide quality internship and full-time experiences for finance students.
- Collaborate with student career and professional development and the HCB Advancement Team with the goal of maximizing student job outcomes and stakeholder support of the department and its priorities.
- In collaboration with HCB units responsible for student career and professional development, advancement, and department staff, oversee large-scale programmatic activities intended to connect the department and its students to external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with faculty to coordinate external stakeholder activities across all student organizations.
- In collaboration with student career and professional development, work to enhance the richness of student and employer data that are collected to help ascertain student preparedness and evolving employer needs.
- In collaboration with the HCB Advancement Team, explore ways to maintain and grow pledged financial gifts to support the department's operations via sponsored activities. Examples include something like sponsorship opportunities for some type of a Finance Forum or different levels of giving/sponsorship to participate at different levels of engagement with the department and students.
- Develop and provide work direction to staff to implement (e.g., via the use of email, social media and Online tools) strategic marketing campaigns to grow the department's network of external stakeholders.
Who we're looking for:
The Department of Finance is looking for an energetic and self-motivated professional who seeks to build and nurture relationships with the local, regional, and national finance community. The successful FPM is a highly organized, goal-driven, and customer-oriented leader and team member with excellent written and verbal communication skills who derives professional satisfaction from helping others and advancing the department's goals.