Graduate Admissions Specialist
(Student Services Associate 2)
Office of Graduate Admissions
The Graduate School's Office of Graduate Admissions invites applications for the position of Graduate Admissions Specialist (Student Services Associate 2, Market Range 04) multiple positions available.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Graduate Admissions Specialist supports efforts to admit and enroll graduate students. The Graduate Admissions Specialist performs functions associated with application to the Graduate School, from the point of application until all admission requirements are met or the application is otherwise finalized. The person in this position works with a diverse applicant pool, including U.S. citizens, internationals, current graduate students seeking to change or add to the programs of study, and/or previous graduate students seeking to be readmitted to the Graduate School. The person in this position works to resolve applicant issues that may be encountered during and related to the admissions process.
All applicants must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to listen effectively. They must possess excellent customer service skills, and thrive in a team-oriented setting. Applicants must be able to effectively problem solve and make decisions based on policy. They must be able to assimilate information from diverse resources in order to make informed decisions. The applicant must be able to effectively manage work responsibilities, establish priorities, and accurately record, proof, and compare data. They must be able to utilize general office equipment, computers, and computer software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases (such as Microsoft Office). They must be able to manage data, communication, storage & retrieval, and also be able to read, interpret, and apply policies and practices in the work setting.
Specific duties will include but are not limited to:
- Participating in tasks that prepare the office for a new admission cycle;
- Communicating status updates within area of responsibility to departmental administrators through the use of the CRM and other reporting functions. Tracking all contacts and outreach/communication with students and stakeholders in the CRM.
- Reviewing applications to determine if files are complete and ready for department/further review based on policies and requirements for admission
- Receiving, processing, and uploading documents to the CRM; requesting additional documentation as necessary, and problem-solving to aid in the completion of applications while adhering to data integrity and utilization practices.
- Proactively monitoring the department review progress to ensure files are acted upon in a timely manner and decisions are provided to the applicant.
- Serving as a main point of contact for prospects, applicants, and internal/external stakeholders on various reviews and inquiries (such as exception requests, immigration processes, etc.), and assisting in any facet related to Graduate Admissions (such as prospect/program information, application process/management, and onboarding/matriculation, etc.)
- Meeting with appropriate academic program faculty and/or staff on a regular basis regarding admission procedures; train program staff on Graduate Admissions policies, processes, and CRM operations and functionalities.
- Participating in professional development opportunities related to the position or the overall mission/goals of the Graduate School and university. Assisting with the training of new office staff; creating and updating Graduate Admissions operations manual/office procedures for your area.
- Serving on work-related committees; Providing cross-functional office coverage and backup as needed.
- Performing other duties as assigned.