Housing Receptionist (Administrative Associate 1 - MR03)
UTC Housing and Residence Life
University of Tennessee, Chattanooga
The Housing Receptionist is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the residence hall facility safety needs. This position provides quality customer service to residents by sharing general Housing and Residence Life policies, procedures, and information with students. The Housing Receptionist provides administrative support to the residential life program, facility upkeep, and life safety needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the professional staff (Resident Director(s), Assistant Director(s), and others) with the day-to-day administrative and facilities needs of managing a residence hall complex(es)
- Provides customer service to the residents of the building by answering questions, providing resources, mail delivery, lockouts, work order follow up etc.
- Communicates with appropriate staff of pertinent occurrences/incidents and responds to crisis situations as directed
- Assists with check-ins and check-outs
- Performs duties in the Resident Director's absence
- Adds charges to student accounts for lost keys, lock outs, and damages, as instructed by the Resident Director
- Creates educational bulletin boards, newsletters, or other media, at the direction of the supervisor
- Enters work orders into database and informs appropriate staff of pertinent maintenance concerns daily
- Oversees the complex key control, as instructed by supervisor
- Inventories and immediately informs supervisor of lost or missing keys
- Assists (escorts) vendors (i.e., pest control, filter changes) on trouble calls or scheduled work
- Monitors assigned building(s) on a routine basis to help identify equipment and/or facility problems and report issues
- Notifies residents of routine building issues, such as fire alarm testing, water and electrical shutdowns, elevator repairs, as well as energy conservation initiatives, waste and recycling efforts, and emergency preparedness and safety guidelines in a timely manner
- Communicates effectively with Housing and Residence Life staff, Campus Facilities Planning, Campus Police and Safety and Risk Management on fire alarms, elevator, power, and water outages
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Knowledge of office organization and procedures, phone etiquette, typing, Microsoft Office Suite, sorting and filing
- Ability to work with a diverse population of students mostly between 17 and 25
- Ability to function under pressure and constant interruptions
- Excellent customer services skills with verbal and written communication skills
Review of applications will begin October 24, 2022 and continue until the position is filled. Applications received by this date will receive priority consideration.
Minimum Requirements: Typically requires a high school diploma or the equivalent and one year of office experience.
Preferred Requirements: Bachelor's degree; 3 years of clerical/office experience; and work on a college campus or university setting.
The University of Tennessee Chattanooga is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.