Client Services Specialist I
The University of Tennessee, College of Veterinary Medicine, invites applications for the position of Client Services Specialist I. Under the general direction of the Client Services manager, this position will register, admit, and discharge patients from the hospital and collect deposits and payments for services. Position will also reconcile daily account activity report with the daily receipts on hand (approximately $11.8m/year) and facilitate communication between clients and hospital personnel.
* Greet clients and admit and discharge patients. Collect deposits and payments for services.
* Verify client, animal, referring veterinarian, primary veterinarian, and insurance information is correct when client checks in for appointment.
* Facilitate communication between clients and specialty services to obtain patient status and progress reports for clients.
* Perform front line triage and assessment of patients arriving for appointments to detect and respond to emergent/urgent cases as per standard operating procedures.
* Schedule appointments at time of patient discharge in accordance to each service's standard operating procedures. Consult with clinicians and/or technicians for appointment needs that fall outside of standard operating procedures.
* Initiate medical record for new patients and prepare paperwork for appointments.
* Obtain medical charts and prepare paperwork for upcoming appointments.
* Field client complaints and refer them to appropriate party for follow-up.
* Maintain confidential client and patient information.
* Assist clients with understanding financial policy and finding solution to financial challenges.
* Provide maps, directions, and accommodation information to clients.
* Provide backup coverage for other reception areas, when needed.
* Make recommendations concerning process and procedure improvements for area.
* Maintain appearance of reception and waiting areas.
* Communicate as needed with other functional areas regarding matters related to the legal medical record, release of information, appointment visit issues, billing and financial issues. Provide secondary support for all of these functions on occasions when their offices are closed.
* Assist clients during times of grief, anxiety, uncertainty, and anger.
* Facilitate client comfortability.
* Prepare, scan, and upload patient records into the Hospital Computer System to convert from paper to digital format.
* Other front desk duties, as required.
* Perform reconciliation daily for payments received to meet the standards of UT financial policy and the Office of Audit and Compliance.