POSITION X22114 Tennessee Extension Internship Program: ANR/CED Cocke County, TN Extension Office
10-week Summer Internship
LOCATION The student will work in the Cocke County Extension Office, Newport, TN at the University of Tennessee. Prior to starting the internship, interns will participate in a day-long orientation to familiarize them with Tennessee Extension Programs in ANR.
EFFECTIVE DATE Tentative--May 24 - August 2, 2023
SALARY AND BENEFITS
A stipend in the amount of $6,840 for the 10-week internship is provided for each intern. As with any position, it is expected that an intern is able to get to and from work each day. Generally, interns ride with Extension agents during significant work-related travel and therefore do not receive a travel budget allotment.
- Develop a small-scale agriculture class curriculum
- Organize multiple hands-on workshops for the small-scale agriculture class
- Create fact sheets/publications/tip sheets for small-scale agriculture class participants
- Develop and edit informational videos related to small-scale agriculture and beef cattle production
- Survey beef cattle producers about willingness and barriers to pregnancy diagnosis in Tennessee Beef herds
- Assist with agricultural 4-H activities as needed
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.