Assistant Professor, Computer Information Systems - UT Southern (Pulaski, TN)
This is a full-time faculty position in Computer Information Systems. Primary responsibilities include teaching courses in the program area and fulfilling the other standard academic and administrative functions expected of full-time faculty at UT Southern.
The position's principal responsibility is teaching the prescribed course load (12 hours) and for, as appropriate, providing students with
academic or career advising. This responsibility includes such activities as:
- Adherence to procedural guidelines and policies regarding teaching;
- Use of teaching strategies designed to encourage critical thinking and intellectual development;
- Use of teaching strategies designed to engage and motivate students;
- Adaptation of subject matter and instruction to the needs of the students;
- Appropriate, transparent, and unbiased evaluation of students;
- Evaluation of teaching and the use of evaluation data to achieve improvement;
- Incorporation of applicable, up-to-date subject matter into one's courses;
- Participation in seminars or workshops with evidence of application to teaching;
- Implementation, as appropriate, of innovative teaching strategies;
- Development of courses and curricula, as appropriate, in response to new opportunities or changing needs of students;
- Direction of student research projects or creative works, as appropriate, above and beyond expected course load and duties.
The position is responsible for service to the School/University and, as appropriate, to the discipline and
the community. This responsibility includes such activities as:
- Service on governance committees, task forces, and ad hoc committees;
- Performance of any special responsibilities requested by the administration;
- Service to the profession;
- Service to the community done pro bono and specifically related to the position's academic discipline.
The position is responsible for demonstrating scholarly competence in the appropriate subject matter area. This responsibility
includes such activities as:
- Producing original research, scholarship, and/or creative endeavors;
- Completing professional development activities (such as participation in formal coursework, seminars, workshops and other specialized training programs related to updating and extending one's knowledge within one's academic field, enhancing one's teaching effectiveness, or adding new areas of expertise to the existing programs of the University).