The Administrative Business Manager oversees and administers the human resource functions for the Student Life and Engagement (SLE) Human Resources office and serves as a resource to department administrators and liaison to central MSU Human Resources to manage and coordinate human resources policies, procedures, and practices for SLE.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leads and supervises four (4) divisional Human Resource Managers to provide direction for all HR processes and procedures.
• Serves as a senior member of the SLE Human Resources leadership team; assists in planning, reviewing, and implementing SLE strategic human resource initiatives.
• Manages Performance Excellence Program (evaluations) for SLE to ensure accurate and timely submission of all evaluations.
• Oversees the creation and maintenance of inclusive and equitable practices for divisional recruiting, hiring, and retaining team members.
• Responsible for strategizing, directing, and overseeing staffing levels for SLE, including student, on-call, temporary and regular team members to ensure proper staffing levels in the division.
• Assists the Human Resource Director with diversity, equity, and inclusion implementation strategies for the division.
• Serves as the liaison between MSU Human Resources and campus and community resources to effectively carry out human resource actions.
• Oversees and assists with all compliance related reports and data requests for human resource related information.
• Oversees raise processes for all student, on-call, temporary, and regular team members in SLE.
• Supports the hiring, onboarding, and training of SLE interns in the SLE HR office.
• Ability to effectively work with, serve and lead people from diverse backgrounds including but not limited to racial, ethnic, socioeconomic, generational, linguistic, LGBTQIA+, and gender differences.
• Processes personnel transactions in EBS and PageUp as needed, including staffing requests, cost redistributions, wage changes, reclassifications, terminations, etc.
• Oversees PeopleAdmin system to monitor and report any system issues.
• Leads organizational initiatives and various projects related to human resources for the division.
• Ensures compliance with MSU and SLE policies and procedures and union contracts as needed.
• Facilitates weekly/monthly meetings with Human Resource Managers, Human Resource Coordinators, and assigned support staff.
• Serves as the SLE liaison with employment service organizations for employment needs.
• Responds to FOIA and employment verification requests for personnel records as needed.
• Ensures compliance with various systems and policies, including I-9 Equifax system, criminal background check adjudication, conflict of interest forms, access request forms for EBS systems and Equifax.
• Assists with organization code realignments within SLE as needed.
• Oversees RVI Document Imaging of personnel records.
• Prepares reports for SLE leadership as needed.
• Represents SLE Human Resources at various meetings and committees, including HR Connect and the divisional Space Committee.
• Provide support to Human Resource Managers in SLE units as needed.
• Other human resources projects and duties as assigned.
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in a business-related field or in a field which corresponds to the particular department of employment; eight or more years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in office procedures and administration, or in performing responsibilities related to the operational activities of the employing unit; experience in a supervisory role; experience with word processing, database, spreadsheet, presentation software and/or desktop publishing, web page software; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Required Application Materials
Three Professional References
The university is requiring all MSU students, faculty and staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19 with limited exceptions. Learn more at: https://msu.edu/together-we-will/
Candidates must provide at least three (3) references with one preferably being a recent, former, or current supervisor. Upon hire and before working, a criminal background check will be conducted by the MSU Human Resources Office and results may be used in evaluating the employee’s suitability for employment or continuation of employment.
Remote Work Statement
MSU strives to provide a flexible work environment and this position has been designated as remote-friendly. Remote-friendly means some or all of the duties can be performed remotely as mutually agreed upon.
he Bidding Eligibility ends on 11/15/2022 at 11:59 PM
Spartans work every day to advance the common good in uncommon ways.Together, we tackle some of the world?s toughest problems to find solutions that make life better?from alternative energy to better food safety to breakthrough medical and environmental applications achieved through rare isotope research.We teach. We explore and we discover. We collaborate and lead. We innovate, inspire, and empower. We achieve our potential and create circumstances that help our students and others achieve theirs.We're good at it, and we've been at it for more than 150 years.The nation?s pioneer land-grant university, MSU began as a bold experiment that democratized higher education and helped bring science and innovation into everyday life. The revolutionary concept became a model for the nation.Today, MSU is one of the top research universities in the world?on one of the biggest, greenest campuses in the nation. Home to nationally ranked and recognized academic, residential college, and service-learning programs, we?re a diverse community of dedicated students and scholars, athletes and artists, scientists and leaders.In ways both practical and profound, we work to create a stronger, more sustainable, and more hopeful future for all.
NBOA is committed to understanding your challenges and providing you with accessible, affordable, top-quality resources to strengthen every aspect of your schoolâ€™s business operations. Join this vibrant community of peers to discuss common challenges, exchange ideas, leverage valuable research and tools, and identify effective and sustainable solutions for your school.