Saint John's Preparatory School is a Catholic/Benedictine, co-educational, day and boarding International Baccalaureate college preparatory school for students in grades 6-12, with boarding options beginning in the 9th grade. Saint John's Prep is located on the 3,000 acres of woods and lakes of Saint John's University's campus in central Minnesota.
REPORTS TO: Vice President for Advancement
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Under the administrative supervision of the Vice President for Advancement, the Annual Giving Manager is responsible for overseeing Annual Giving programs in order to maximize long-term support of Saint John’s Prep School. With an exciting strategic plan focusing on long-term growth and sustainability, the Annual Giving Manager will be afforded a wonderful opportunity to implement giving programs to reach a wide audience of current and prospective donors. The Annual Giving Manager will play a critical role in the school’s efforts to increase its annual giving participation and overall dollars raised. This is a perfect opportunity for the person looking to take on a leadership role and continue their development as a fundraising professional.
Primary responsibilities include oversight of the annual Student Fund and Reunion Year Class Committees. In addition, the Annual Giving Manager is responsible for establishing and implementing goals, planning programs and services, and personally soliciting lead donors to the Student Fund to achieve current and future strategic fundraising goals.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Management -- Manage the daily operations of the Student Fund in order to maximize participation and support.
2. Planning – Manage initiatives to support long-range planning for Annual Giving and participate in planning processes for all Advancement functions.
3. Collaboration – Work in close collaboration with colleagues in Academics, Admissions, Communications, and Faculty and Staff to achieve institutional goals.
4. Budgeting – In collaboration with the Vice President of Advancement, develop and oversee the budgeting process for all areas of Annual Giving.
5. Leadership -- Create and maintain a work environment that is conducive to personal and professional growth.
Further the mission of engaging people in support of Saint John’s Prep through the following strategies that will build loyalty and affinity: volunteer engagement, marketing and communications, gift solicitation, and stewardship.
1. Constituent Engagement – Build a culture and empower alumni, parents, friends, and students in support of Saint John’s Prep.
2. Marketing and Communications – Communicate the institutional mission, vision, priorities, and needs to alumni, parents, friends, and other constituent groups in an effective and compelling manner in support of Saint John’s Prep.
· Provide leadership and guidance for annual giving and alumni relations marketing strategy.
· Oversee Annual Giving communications and marketing—including direct mail, electronic communications, and personal contacts—with a focus on expanding the donor base.
3. Gift Solicitation – Identify, cultivate, and solicit annual gifts from alumni, parents, and friends in support of the Saint John’s Prep Student Fund.
· Personally solicit key donors identified as major gift donors and major gift donor prospects.
· Oversee fundraising strategies tailored to the following audiences:
1. Alumni, 2. Parents, 3. Friends, 4. Faculty and Staff
· Oversee direct mail and electronic solicitation operations.
4. Stewardship – Deepen relationships with Saint John’s Prep alumni, parents, friends, and students through the acknowledgement and recognition of their support of Saint John’s Prep.
· Oversee the stewardship of all Student Fund gifts, with emphasis on expanding and personalizing the stewardship for Student Fund leadership benefactors.
· Further develop and oversee the process of regularly thanking Student Fund donors and acknowledging gifts.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
· Collaborate with all members of the Saint John’s Prep School team to execute and strengthen the foundation for long term philanthropic and volunteer support of Saint John’s.
· Serve as a member of any capital campaign team should a campaign be undertaken or in progress.
· Oversee the development, documentation, and ongoing revision of Annual Giving processes and procedures.
· Manage solicitation segments and lists from the Advancement database.
· Perform related duties as assigned.
1. Baccalaureate degree.
2. Minimum of 3 years of experience in annual giving or related field.
3. Success personally soliciting constituents for philanthropic support.
4. The ability to successfully manage collaborative projects in a timely and efficient manner.
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
6. High degree of creativity and self-motivation combined with the necessity to be a self-starter and work effectively without direct supervision.
7. Experience working with Raiser’s Edge or similar constituent management software.
1. Ability to interact with members of the community of Saint John’s Abbey and Saint John’s University.
2. Ability to acquire an understanding of the character and mission of Saint John’s Prep School.
3. A willingness to maintain a high level of competence. Discreet judgment and confidentiality are expected.
Full-time, exempt position.
About Saint John's Preparatory School
Since its founding in 1857, Saint John’s Preparatory School has provided exceptional education in the Catholic Benedictine tradition. Saint John's Preparatory School is a Catholic/Benedictine, co-educational, day and boarding International Baccalaureate college preparatory school for students in grades 6-12, with boarding options beginning in the 9th grade. Saint John's Prep is located on the 3,000 acres of woods and lakes of Saint John's University's campus in central Minnesota. Prep has continuously dedicated itself to both educational development and personal formation. Benedictine education calls for a lively interplay between rigorous thinking and the development of practices for a purpose-filled life.