Culver Academies, one of the leading private college preparatory boarding schools in North America, is seeking a dynamic professional to serve as their Chief Human Resources Officer in Culver, Indiana.
ABOUT CULVER ACADEMIES
Culver Military Academy and Culver Girls Academy, together known as the Culver Academies, make up one of the leading private college preparatory boarding schools in North America. Located in Culver, Indiana they share a beautiful 1800 acre campus on the shores of Lake Maxinkuckee in Northern Indiana.
The Culver Mission for both The Culver Academies and the Culver Summer Schools and Camps reads:
“Culver educates its students for leadership and responsible citizenship in society by developing and nurturing the whole individual - mind, spirit, and body - through an integrated curriculum that emphasizes the cultivation of character.”
Consistent with that mission of educating students for leadership and responsible citizenship in society, we believe what distinguishes Culver from other fine secondary schools is that while it offers academics, athletic and other extracurricular opportunities second to none, Culver is the leaderin delivering practical experience and instruction in leadership for all students and emphasizing high expectations for personal responsibility and integrity. The leadership principles we seek to teach and develop are those that apply to leaders in all walks of life.
Reporting to the Head of Schools and serving as a member of the senior leadership team, the CHRO will take the lead in establishing and implementing people strategies that enable Culver's vision, mission and strategic plans. The CHRO will take a leadership role in developing a culture that enables employees to deliver against its mission, building a culture of global citizenship; open mindedness, respect and appreciation of differences. The CHRO has responsibility for talent management and acquisition, professional development, employee relations, performance management, compensation management and analysis, employee health and wellness benefits, and employee engagement.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking ability. Solid analytical and problem solving skills. Demonstrated ability to make informed decisions based on data and statistics.
- Systemic perspective – show cases the ability to view problems and issues in the context of the bigger picture and understand the interrelationships among subcomponents. Demonstrates the ability see how the organization operates as a whole unit.
- Knowledge and experience utilizing technology to enhance and measure the results of the human resources programs and processes.
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills – has the ability as well as experience reaching agreements and consensus in spite of different goals and priorities.
- Embraces a growth mindset; is inquisitive, collaborative and resilient.
- Customer orientation - ability in viewing issues from the perspective of our employees, students, and parents.
- Must possess effective communication, both verbal and written, as well as interpersonal skills. Has the insight, sensitivity and organizational savvy to work effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Has a BS/BA degree from an accredited college/university and a minimum of 10 years of HR or related experience in a complex organization. A MBA or MA/MS in human resources or related field is preferred.
- Experience working within a school environment is a plus.
Culver Academies has retained the services of Diversified Search to assist in this search. Please submit a cover note and resume or nominations, in confidence, to CulverCHRO@divsearch.com.
The Culver Academies is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.