• Prepare annual employment agreements and memos under the guidance of the Head of School and Director of Finance. Prepare long-term substitute agreements as necessary.
• Support hiring, resignation and termination processes. Manage the onboarding of new employees, substitute faculty, coaches, volunteers, including coordinating and reviewing background checks and other conditions of employment. Ensure all third-party vendors and providers of after-school classes complete necessary requirements.
• Counsel employees regarding disciplinary issues and provide mediation when necessary. Provide training for department heads on various Human Resource topics including interviewing, performance reviews, employee coaching, and employee wellness.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of faculty salary/compensation scale and staff salary compensation levels. Maintain spreadsheets for budgeting of salaries and benefits.
• Record employee absences in Excel spreadsheets from employee attendance sheets, absence verification forms, timecards, and substitute pay records. Prepare analysis for hand-off to Controller for preparation of journal entries.
• Work with School Nurse and Director of Facilities on workers’ compensation matters.
• Process four payrolls monthly using online processing (Paycom). Prepare payroll journal entries and provide to Controller for GL entry. Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal payroll processing and reporting requirements through publications, webinars, seminars, etc.
• Reconcile assigned range of payroll related balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis. Maintain accruals for payroll accounts, salaries, and benefits and provide to Controller for monthly journal entries.
• Administer and maintain the database for employee benefits and enroll new employees in qualified benefit programs including medical, dental, life, short-term disability, long-term disability, Cafeteria 125, and pension programs in accordance with Diocesan and Personnel Handbook policies. Reconcile and coordinate with Staff Accountant to process payments to vendors for these plans.
• Serve as contact with Hub International, PayPro Administrators, The Medical Trust and Church Pension Group, and The Diocese of Los Angeles in relation to insurance benefit issues for all employees. Attend semi-annual Diocesan insurance committee meetings and serve on the Diocese of Los Angeles Insurance Committee with the Director of Finance.
• Assist Director of Finance with miscellaneous special projects.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field.
• Five years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience in Human Resources or Payroll Administration; prior experience working in a private school setting is a plus.
• Must have prior experience working with an outside payroll and benefit administration system.
• Proficiency with Excel and Word required.
• Attention to deadlines is critical as well as the ability to multi-task and work well in a team-oriented environment.
BACK TO TOP
NBOA CareerHQ is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else NBOA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at NBOA CareerHQ.
National Business Officers Association 1400 I Street, NW, Suite 675 Washington, DC 20005