The Masters School (www.mastersny.org) is a premier coed day and boarding school that engages 5th – 12th grade students with a challenging academic program in a welcoming learning environment. Located on 96 picturesque acres overlooking the Hudson River, The Masters School community takes advantage of both its access to the tri-state area and its proximity to the rich cultural and educational magnet that is New York City. Students benefit from the resources, diversity and activities of Masters 7-day campus and accessible, talented faculty and staff. From our exceptional academics and outstanding visual and performing arts program to our championship athletic teams, the Masters learning experience prepares students for success in college, career and life.
The Masters School celebrates active participation, deep understanding, and meaningful connection. A community of diverse individuals, we gather to learn, to strive, to dare, to do – to be a power for good in the world.
The Masters School seeks an experienced AP/Payroll Coordinator that supports the school’s responsibility to accurately and fairly compensate employees and pay vendors. This position will join a team that prides itself on service and accuracy to support the schools programs. In carrying out this role, the AP/Payroll Coordinator will work closely with faculty, staff and colleagues across departments at Masters. The ideal candidate meets the requirements listed, has a keen attention to detail, collaborates well with others, efficiently manages to specific deadlines and has a good sense of humor.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Review and enter invoices into Blackbaud FE system, ensuring compliance with accounts payable procedures including proper budget manager approval and account coding.
- Ensure timely recording of expenses to close month per schedule.
- Select invoices to be paid and run checks weekly, enter into bank’s positive pay system and obtain signatures.
- Oversee mailing and internal distribution of checks.
- Handle inquiries from vendors and manage vendor relations
- Liaise with faculty and staff on requisitions, invoices, check requests and reimbursements.
- Follow up with vendors to resolve pending stale dated checks and void/reissue when necessary.
- Set up new vendors as needed; obtain W-9’s for all new vendors
- Maintain filing system for all invoices.
- Prepare wire transfers requests as needed.
- Assist with annual audit; prepare appropriate schedules as assigned.
- Process and submit 1099’s annually
- Responsible for accurate and timely payroll processing, including establishing and maintaining appropriate internal controls and data integrity of the ADP Workforce Now HR system.
- Process and submit weekly and semi-monthly payroll through ADP, and distribute paychecks/stubs.
- Work with department managers to review and resolve any discrepancies in employee timecards.
- Monitor payroll bank account and replenish as needed by wire transfer from operating account.
- Validate payroll reports and post all journal entries relating to payroll and benefits.
- Process weekly and semi-monthly employee and employer contributions for the retirement plan, HSA and FSA plans, and prepare required reports.
- Review deductions for union dues and submit to A/P for payment.
- Verify monthly benefits invoices against employee rosters and elections and process for payment. Reconcile payroll and benefits accounts to the general ledger. Prepare payroll accruals as needed.
- Manage transition to ADP Workforce Now electronic time and attendance payroll recording system.
- Prepare, review and track employees’ time off balances and reports; review leave benefits to ensure accruals are accurate and make any necessary adjustments.
- Partner effectively with Director of Human Resources to insure that all status changes and modifications are communicated on a timely basis, and accurately incorporated in payroll data.
- Issue yearend and quarterly tax reports and W-2’s.
- Oversee annual pension audit and assist with yearend general audit including sections of the 990 tax return.
- Recommend improvements for streamlining payroll processes.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Special projects as assigned.