The Rashi School seeks a dynamic and experienced financial and business leader with superb financial, relational, strategic and operating skills to fill the position of Director of Finance and Operations beginning July 2017. Reporting directly to the Head of School as a key member of the school’s senior leadership, the Director of Finance and Operations manages a team of professionals and support staff tasked with financial reporting, budgeting, planning, purchasing, collections, legal compliance, technology infrastructure, risk management and human resources management. The ideal candidate is a mission-driven strategic thinker who has strong collaboration skills, excellent judgment and integrity, and the ability to balance and prioritize the competing needs of the school. He or she will successfully partner with the school’s leadership in providing day-to-day and long-term financial management, offering strategic financial visioning to continue to move the school forward.
- Lead, supervise and articulate all business and financial activities, supervising a team of six professionals, including Accounting, Human Resources, Transportation, Technology and Facilities personnel.
- Manage and direct the annual operating budget, including the development and implementation of an inclusive and comprehensive budgeting process.
- Ensure compliance with all fiduciary and regulatory obligations concerning the school’s financial position and holdings.
- Employ financial analysis and multifaceted modeling to produce strategic financial planning, including sensitivity/scenario analysis, long-range budgets and cash flow management and projections.
- Provide advice and counsel to the Head of School on matters of importance that support the school’s health and sustainability in matters of human resources, operations, physical plant, security, technology, financial resource management and risk management.
- Lead the school's annual $2M financial aid program.
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements, commentary and forecasting for the Head of School, Board of Trustees and others.
- Attend Board meetings, Executive Committee meetings, and Budget & Finance Committee meetings; meet regularly with the Board Treasurer to set agendas for Budget & Finance Committee meetings and to ensure the Board has relevant and current financial information.
- Ensure that the school’s leadership is kept updated regarding the school’s financial position, including identification of emerging issues.
- Take responsibility for risk management and maintaining appropriate levels of insurance to protect the property and the potential liabilities of the school.
- Hold primary relationship with auditors, legal counsel, insurance broker, bank and investment institutions.