ABOUT MERCY HIGH SCHOOL SAN FRANCISCO
Mercy High School, San Francisco, educates women to pursue lives of spiritual and intellectual depth, determination, and daring action to improve our world as an inclusive, Catholic, college preparatory community enlivened by the Gospel of Jesus and the charism of the Sisters of Mercy.
We are the “Social Advocacy Based Learning” Catholic school of the San Francisco Bay Area where women graduate with fierce determination to improve their world.
For more information about Mercy High School, visit www.mercyhs.org
The Alumnae Development Officer (ADO) reports to and supports the Director of Development (DD) and is responsible for keeping alumnae and alumnae families informed, engaged, and committed to the school and its financial support. The ADO provides leadership for alumnae programming, including fundraising, relationship building, program development, volunteer management, and actively involving alumnae in the school community.
- Rapidly acclimate to Mercy High School San Francisco; thoroughly know the history, culture, traditions and constituencies of the school; understand the educational philosophy and vision; know all alumnae events and activities.
- Establish and build relationships with alumnae locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally.
- Actively partner with the DD to research and generate ideas to increase charitable giving at the school, strengthen alumnae relations, and solicit donors for charitable gifts and the annual fund.
- Develop a wide variety of ways to communicate with all alumnae, including via social media.
- Plan, organize, and implement receptions, reunions, special programs, and other alumnae events both at the school and throughout the country.
- Create meaningful avenues for alumnae participation in the life of the school.
- Actively collaborate with the Chief Advancement Officer, DD, and Director of Marketing and Communications to coordinate all external messaging to the alumnae community (eg. Anchor).
- Identify, research, and profile the backgrounds of all alumnae.
- Expand and replenish the class agents program.
- Restart the Alumnae Board of Directors, act as the advancement liaison to the Alumnae Board and help coordinate all of their activities at the school.
- Update and maintain all records of alumnae interactions in Raiser’s Edge.
- Dedication to the mission and charism of Mercy High School San Francisco.
- Passion for the empowerment of young women a must.
- Mercy High School San Francisco (or other Mercy sponsored school) alumna, a plus.
- 3 or more years of experience in development and/or alumni relations and fundraising, preferably in an educational environment.
- Proven success at networking and relationship building.
- Demonstrated success managing budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred.
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple projects with shifting priorities and competing deadlines.
- Comfort using social media and proficiency with information technology including G-Suite and Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus.
- Flexibility, sensitivity, diplomacy and the outstanding interpersonal skills necessary to work collaboratively with multiple constituencies required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as attention to detail required.
- Flexible and willing to work some evenings and/or weekends
To apply for this position, or ask for additional information, email a copy of your resume, a cover letter, and 3 references to Lorelei Zermani at email@example.com. Please indicate “Alumnae Development Officer” in the subject line of your email. Your cover letter should explain why you are interested in the position and what unique qualities you would bring to the role. Strict confidentiality will be maintained for all applicants and only finalists’ references will be contacted.
Mercy High School San Francisco is an equal opportunity employer.