Develops a detailed operational plan for the annual giving program (goals, strategies and tactics) for inclusion in the overall Advancement operations plan.
Establishes complex calendar of annual fund solicitations by targeted constituency and fundraising approach.
Implements innovative tactics to improve annual giving among parents, alumni and other supporters including planning annual appeals for various segments of Crossroads constituent base
Increases contributions and gifts by directly and personally engaging in active stewardship, cultivation and direct solicitation of annual fund donors.
Actively manages volunteers and associated committees/activities that serve the goal of increasing contributions to Crossroads Annual Giving (e.g., phone-a-thons, Leadership Gifts, direct mail, development committee, etc.).
Educates and excites current students, parents and alumni about the benefits of annual giving in partnership with advancement colleagues.
Monitors program results and provides ongoing analysis and evaluation of solicitation, cultivation and stewardship associated with annual giving.
Composes annual fund documents, brochures and other communications in partnership with Crossroads communications.
Coordinates gift acknowledgement and pledge fulfillment in collaboration with advancement services. Researches annual fund best practices, and applies where possible, to increase Crossroads participation and revenue.
Assesses the quality and efficiency of the development process by keeping relevant reports and statistics on all aspects of the function.
Displays the highest ethical and professional behavior as a representative of Crossroads and its advancement office
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong candidates will have 3-5 years of annual giving experience; background in independent schools preferred
- Ability to meet deadlines within the context of a complex office/school calendar
- High degree of organization and effectiveness at multi-tasking
- Previous experience with volunteer recruitment, engagement and management
- Fluency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge database (preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work independently and effectively with other team members
- Passionate about actively supporting the School’s mission
- Demonstrates a growth-mindset
All interested applicants must send a completed cover letter, employment application and resume to Director of Advancement at email@example.com