St. James' Episcopal School is a premiere Preschool thru Sixth Grade Elementary School, centrally located in the heart of Koreatown. In service since 1968, our educational program supports over 370 students and is a unique and magical experience for all who are selected to attend. It reflects a rich and truly diverse community experience. We value stimulating, rigorous and developmentally appropriate education that leads to the highest levels of literacy, learning and individual achievements. We have a talented faculty and staff, a sophisticated board, and a highly informed and supportive parent body who all come together in unison to ensure each student's ultimate success.
St. James' has an immediate opening for a Full-time Admissions Office Assistant and Registrar.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Two or more years of proven experience as an executive level administrative support in a fast-paced office environment.
• Comprehensive experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps, including proficiency in power-point presentations; calendar; mail merge; mailings; tables; lists; spreadsheets; etc.
• Database management experience (admission software preferred) including proficiency in data entry, retrieval and reporting.
• Experienced ability to communicate in a positive manner with all constituents, including business correspondence.
• Exhibit sensitivity, discretion, and a positive disposition with high energy and ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Experience with handling confidential information with proper protocol and in adherence to FERPA regulations is preferred.
• Review and execute all incoming admission mail/email/phone calls.
• Manage the admission and enrollment database including, but not limited to, data entry and office management services for the overall admission effort and enrollment management of the School.
• Manage admission staff calendar, including scheduling all appointments for applicants and applicant parents.
• Set up and organize admission office mailings (email and postal).
• Plan, coordinate, and attend all admission events.
• Foster cordial relations with applicant families as an Ambassador for the School.
• Prepare admission queries and reports when needed; archive reports and data for ease and efficiency of retrieval by senior administration and admission readers.
• Set up and maintain cumulative files in collaboration with Nurse and Front Office including record keeping, confidential student files, and compliance with licensing, exemptions and accreditation standards.
• Support senior administration with Middle School Matriculation process by coordinating all required paperwork for 6th Grade families, teachers, and administrators; same support required for any student applying out before graduation.
• Maintain confidentiality with regard to sensitive applicant, student, employee, and family information.
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Admission or Head of School.
Interested parties may apply by submitting a letter of interest, resume, writing sample, and salary history. Please indicate the position for which you are applying in the subject line. Only those meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted for further inquiry.
St. James' takes excellent care of its employees by offering a great benefits package, medical, dental, generous vacation, 403(b) retirement plan and match, and a competitive hourly wage.
St. James' is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.