The DoD will develop and implement systems, workflows, and processes that will leverage existing strengths to enhance business practices and communications across the Advancement Office. The incumbent will work directly with the Vice President to create long-term and short-term business strategies and to facilitate the annual financial planning process for the department.
The DoD will be responsible for providing leadership, supervision, and mentorship across all areas of Advancement including:
- Annual Giving: Expanding the School’s base of support, opening doors to attract new supporters through innovative engagement channels including direct response and front-line fundraising, and building a sustainable, reliable source of unrestricted and budget-relieving funding for School operations.
- Foundation Relations: Building relationships with new and existing foundation partners for grants/gifts in support of CM programs.
- Donor Relations: Creative engagement and stewardship touches including reporting and all cultivation and stewardship events.
- Advancement Information Systems: Data support, transaction processing, business intelligence reporting, database management.
- Research and Analytics: Proactive identification of prospects; all levels of research and screening of donors, event attendees, volunteers, members, and other constituents; pipeline management and predictive analytics facilitation.
- Advancement Communications: Increases visibility and outreach while keeping the brand fresh and ensuring a strong reputation; includes digital and print as well as public relations and media relations.
- Advancement Administration: Drives operations and fiscal management, while acting as liaison to key partner offices including Human Resources, Finance, Facilities, among others.
The incumbent will serve as an entrepreneurial leader to transform new ideas into successful programs and services. S/he will lead these efforts with an eye to maximize efficiencies and to ensure the most effective allocation of departmental resources and alignment of existing infrastructure with departmental priorities and needs. While ensuring the highest levels of productivity and ethical standards, the DoD will provide motivation and direction to staff for enhancement and creation of programs and the achievement of strategic and revenue goals. S/he will develop and implement policies, practices, and systems that support CM’s campaign efforts.
The activities of this position involve a growing advancement office, and includes relationships with multiple departments, staff, and donors across the School. The incumbent must be a skilled communicator who can develop collaborative relationships both within the department and at the institutional level.
The DoD will understand the needs of the front-line fundraising team and effectively seek to utilize data to discover new sources of philanthropic support that match the institution's campaign priorities and departmental needs. S/he will recognize that data is one of the School’s most important business assets, and will ensure a high level of fundraising data quality, management, and stewardship by actively directing and guiding the reporting function of this area, bridging the gap between requests for information and output to achieve desired analytics and reporting.