The Hun School of Princeton, a college preparatory boarding/day school located in Princeton, New Jersey, seeks a collaborative and student-centered leader as its next Assistant Director of Resident Life. The Assistant Director works with the Director of Resident Life to nurture and plan resident life programming and assist in the building of strong positive relationships amongst a diverse day and resident student body comprised of both domestic and international students.
- Work with the Dean of Students, oversee resident student discipline and supervise resident student safety;
- Develop, plan, and implement residential programing of lively, creative, and educational activities for weekdays and weekends;
- Post and maintain calendars for residential life activities;?
- Create schedules for weekend duty assignments for faculty and students on campus;
- Maintain online resident life communication with all relevant information and trip agendas;?
- Oversee budget for resident life weekend trips, which includes purchasing of materials and/or tickets, and requisition and allocation of money for programs;?
- Maintain attendance of students and day faculty involvement in weekend trips;
- Monitor student life in the dorms on a daily basis;
- Implement and design resident life curriculum night programing for health and wellness;
- Maintain communication and collaboration with residential staff, counselors, and the health office to ensure student issues are addressed in a timely and efficient manner;
- Create and maintain checkout forms and authorizations to ensure proper tracking of students at all times (daily, weekends and during breaks);
- Coordinate oversight of resident faculty to ensure proper tracking of students and appropriate usage of forms, systems, procedures, and authorizations;
- Supervision of students in the dorm during several shifts per week, including rotating evenings and weekend coverage;
- Assist in the maintenance coordination of residential facilities.
- Reside on campus in School provided housing;
- A collaborative, supportive, trust-based work style;
- Personal qualities including resilience, approachability, and kindness;
- Ability to communicate effectively and compassionately with students, faculty, parents, and staff;
- Strong skills in verbal, written, and electronic communication, including the use of social media;
- Ability to protect and handle confidential and sensitive information and records;
- Experience in a boarding campus environment;
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree preferred.
The Hun School of Princeton is an independent, coeducational day/boarding school enrolling a diverse student body of 635 in grades 6-PG. It is defined by its highly engaging college preparatory curriculum; broad extracurricular programs; supportive faculty who know and care for their students; and a happy, kind, respectful spirit.
This position is full-time, ten (10) months per year, exempt, and eligible for all benefits afforded to full-time Hun School employees. The working environment is an office and school environment on a hilly 45-acre campus in Princeton, New Jersey. The abilities to occasionally lift files and storage boxes, walk up and down stairs, attend meetings in varying locations throughout campus, and continually use computers and related office equipment are required. Not all buildings on campus have elevators. All employees must be fingerprinted and pass a full criminal history background check.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Celeste Dirk, human resources director at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.