This full-time, exempt position will report to the Accounting Supervisor and will be responsible for a wide variety of business administration functions requiring experience, professional knowledge and the application of accounting principles and practices. Regular duties include, but are not limited to, deposits of checks and cash, application of tuition and miscellaneous income receipts, reconciliation of receivable balances, receivable collections, incidental invoice billing, general ledger accounting, maintenance of the fixed assets records, bank account reconciliations and audit preparation.
Detailed Job Responsibilities
- Deposit and journalize cash/check tuition payments daily (cash must be deposited at local bank branch).
- Deposit and journalize receipts from cafeteria, vending, transportation, school store, incidental billings and development accounts (cash must be deposited at local bank branch).
- Record tuition e-check payments into FACTS daily.
- Prepare and distribute/post tuition statements, resolve student billing issues with parents. Prepare delinquent account information packages for collections attorney.
- Handle customer requests to reschedule FACTS payments. Assist with tuition collections.
- Bill student accounts for incidental expenses such as trips, and miscellaneous program fees.
- Review customer billing process and recommend process improvements.
- Journalize FACTS and My Backpack tuition payments; reconcile FACTS and My Backpack tuition account balances.
- Assist with billing and processing of re-enrollment for returning students.
- Maintain file folders including receipt reports, journal entries and bank statements.
- Journalize online credit card receipts.
- Reconcile contribution income in collaboration with the Advancement Manager.
- Update and maintain the fixed assets inventory system.
- Reconcile bank statements including the cash, credit card and school store accounts.
- Administer and reconcile petty cash.
- Assist staff who request cash banks for athletic events, shows, or other school programs.
- Request insurance certificates for events.
- Check and respond to emails in the general business office email.
- Record print shop monthly allocation of office supply expenses.
- Assist with audit preparation.
- Participate in Open House and Freshman Registration Night.
- Other duties as assigned.
How to apply:
A completed application will include:
- current resume showing most recent employment and employment history
- cover letter explaining interest in the Good Counsel position with relevant elaboration on qualifications
- list of three professional references and contact information, including current and previous supervisors
All inquiries and applications are to be submitted electronically to Kristin Dow, Accounting Supervisor, at: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
The application deadline is May 12, 2017.