Overview of Position:
Laurence School is an independent kindergarten through sixth grade school located near Sherman Oaks, California. Founded in 1953, Laurence provides a personal and well-rounded education to each student, ensuring his or her academic, social, emotional, and physical growth and development. And, with an enrollment of 300 students and a dedicated team of faculty and staff that is more than seventy members strong, Laurence is an excellent place to work. At Laurence, employees have the opportunity to thrive in a stimulating and diverse environment, where new ideas, opportunities, skills, and experiences are constantly being exchanged and shared.
Laurence School is seeking a experienced Business Office Assistant, who under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer and his assistant, will be responsible for all aspects of the AR & AP for the School the Parent Association of the School. The position requires a highly organized and detail-oriented person, with excellent interpersonal skills and a high degree of confidentiality and discretion.
Laurence School is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on upon race, religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, disability, or as otherwise prohibited by law. Our employees receive competitive salaries and excellent benefits, including group health, and dental insurance and a 401(k) Plan, with matching levels based upon years of service.
Competitive salary will be commensurate with experience level.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receiving invoices and coding and posting them to the correct GL Account, preparing Accounts Payable, disbursements, mailing checks, and filing backups in the vender file (the full accounts-payable cycle);
- Handling accounting for the major Parent Association events, such as the Spring Event, Holiday Boutique, Golf Tournament, and others;
- Responding to parent billing inquiries and assisting them with their accounting needs;
- Carrying out additional responsibilities assigned in support of the CFO or School Accountant;
- Interacting professionally with all School departments that are serviced by the Business Office;
- Working at after-hours School and Parent Association events, such as the Holiday Boutique, Open House, and other events as assigned;
- Reconcile school’s credit cards monthly statements;
- Undertake other tasks or special projects assigned by the Administration;
- Assist in the front office (answering telephone, faxing, making copies, etc.).
- All aspects of Students and other AR accounts including but not limited to billing and collection.
- Assisting CFO and the Business Office in preparation for the Annual Audit, preparing audit lead schedules.
Please send your resumes to email@example.com along with a cover letter and salary history.
Resumes without Salary History will not be considered.