Miami Country Day School was founded in 1938 as a residential proprietary boarding school for boys through eighth grade and has evolved remarkably over the past 77 years. The School has become a coeducational, nonprofit, interdenominational school with approximately 1250 students in Pre-Kindergarten3 through grade 12 representing approximately 44 countries. The school emphasizes the education of the whole person through the core values of honor, respect, wisdom, and compassion.
We are looking for a qualified candidate for the role of Coordinator of Operations to help provide intelligent and sustainable designs for coordination, planning, communication and stewardship of campus operations, facilities, management systems and auxiliary programs. The position will require an individual to be highly organized, goal oriented, and driven to succeed. An understanding of how and why an independent school approaches its operations, finances, communications, and governance are the foundations of this important position and as such continued professional development in these areas will be an integral part of this career path.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in developing and maintaining an organizational culture of transparency and collaboration for the operations of an independent school
- Assist in providing design, budget oversight, coordination, research, and solutions for the following areas:
- Auxiliary Programs (alternative revenues)
- Advancement (fundraising, enrollment management)
- Sustainable Financial Models (budgets, debt management, HR, audit)
- Facilities and Campus (systems, construction, management, renovation,)
- Risk Management (security, safety, benefits, insurance, assessment)
- Marketing and Communications (graphic design, public relations, social media, and website)
- Assist in developing and maintaining corporate policies and records
- Assist in the development of unique programs for the school community
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality in communications and conversations
- Be an integral part of the corporate operations team, which includes the Chief Operating Officer, Comptroller, Dean of Faculty/Director of Human Resources and the Director of Auxiliary Programs & Corporate Operations
- Other duties as assigned