Metairie Park Country Day School seeks an experienced administrator to fill the position of Human Resources Manager. The full-time, 12-month position includes a comprehensive benefits package along with all school year holidays. Under the administrative supervision of the Chief Financial Officer and Head of School, the Human Resources Manager will provide HR leadership to over 200 employees. The Human Resources Manager responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Administer, process, and maintain School benefit programs including Health, Dental, Section 125, 403(b) Retirement Plan, LTD, Life/AD&D and COBRA.
• Ensure all plans comply with applicable laws and statutes (HIPPA, ERISA and IRS guidelines).
• Research and implement new supplemental benefit programs as needed
• Assist in development of insurance budget and negotiate contracts on an annual basis with Chief Financial Officer.
• Maintain and update personnel files and payroll database.
• Oversee and track employee attendance. • Responsible for working with Third Party Administrators and auditors on timely filing of 5500 report, non-discrimination testing, and 403-b audit.
• Maintain employee handbooks for the School, advise Administration on organizational policy matters, and recommend changes as necessary
• Develop/edit/update job descriptions for all employees. Complete periodic job description audit and reclassified employees as appropriate under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
• Ensure compliance with federal and state statutes/laws such as FMLA, ADA, Sexual Harassment, OSHA, Worker’s Compensation, Title VII, and ERISA.
• Counsel employees regarding disciplinary problems and provide mediation when necessary.
• Manage recruitment lifecycle, including coordinating candidate visits, conducting interviews and evaluations for all positions
• Assist in annual compensation budget process.
• Manage employee separation process for both voluntary/involuntary terminations.
• Trains administration/faculty on interviewing, harassment, and other appropriate HR topics
• Maintain strict confidentiality of employee and school information at all times.
• Manage Worker’s Compensation program (file claims, follow-up, etc.)
Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required, HR or related field preferred
• Experience in human resource, payroll, and benefits administration preferred
• Experience in non-profit or school environment beneficial
• Accounting experience beneficial
• Knowledge of Blackbaud Financial Edge (accounting system) and/or Netchex (payroll provider) a plus.
Additional Salary Information: Salary will be based on experience level