The roll of the Business Manager is an integral part of the business office responsible for coordinating and assisting in the day to day management of accounts receivable, accounts payable and the preparation of financial reports, such as income statements, balance sheets, and analyses of historical and future income and expenses, in addition to other special reports that may be needed. The Business Manager also designs and documents the processes supporting school accounting, audit, tax filings and budgeting. The role resides in the business office and reports to the Head of School.
This position will share the support of a business office administrator.
The ideal candidate will:
· Hold a bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited four-year college or university.
· Have a CPA or the equivalent.
· Have a minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in accounting of the scope of this position, including at least 3 years in non-profit accounting
· Expertise in QuickBooks, RenWeb and office applications or the ability to quickly acquire a working knowledge.
· Managerial experience, independent school experience are desireable.
· A working knowledge of nonprofit accounting is essential, as is a willingness to develop expertise in effective accounting and financial practices relevant to independent day schools in Texas.
· Have unimpeachable ethics, honesty, respect for all and a deep desire to work on behalf of students and the people who serve them.
· Other skills, education and experience as the position develops over time.
The Selwyn School is nestled on a rolling, open 80-acre campus just minutes from the bustling city of Denton, the University of North Texas and Texas Woman's University. Several of Selwyn's campus buildings were designed by renowned Texas architect, O'Neil Ford, offering students a relaxed Texas-rustic feel in which to learn and grow. The 26-acre outdoor Science Nature Center, featuring a three-ac...re lake and foot trails, provides Selwyn students an opportunity to study life, earth and physical sciences in a hands-on environment both in and out of the classroom. For more information visit our website at https://www.selwynschool.com/careers/.
Email resume to email@example.com.